Resurgence: Back To Blogger Life
It’s been a while since I last posted here…Almost going to 2 years to be exact, Oct 2024.
How I wish it was mainly out of writer’s block, but no. It was a mix of personal concerns and priorities I had to face up to this point. In fact as I’m working on this post, a few personal stuff here and there are still surfacing once in a while.
Thanks to a few inspirations and awakenings, I decided to get back to blogging. It’s just time to resurface or normalize writing or making stuff realistically and organically. Of course, we still need the apps leading to micro-blogging, but getting clearer and more relevant info can’t always be a less than a minute thing (anyway, more of this on a separate post).
Better yet, let me share what I’ve been up to and what happened to me in nutshells for almost 22 months.
Re-navigated Corporate Life
2nd half of 2025, I made that hurtful yet liberating decision of leaving the company I’ve worked with for 12 years. Yeap, a dozen years of ups and downs. It was a painful decision for me because of a series of circumstances that led to it, a few of those were even not out of my will. Despite that, it became a blessing in disguise as I’m now in a new industry and a new role. It has been a refreshing move for me, getting to meet new people and adjusting from local to global work cultures. Moreover, being given the opportunity to travel overseas for work and personal perspectives is indeed a blessing and icing on the cake. Thinking about it now, I’m almost going to my 1st year in the new work unexpectedly.
![]() |
| a different elevator selfie view after 12 years |
While there are bits and pieces I miss from the previous one and adjustments I still am dealing with, overall, no regrets to that decision I made. I wouldn’t be where I am now if I still stuck to that, wondering would they give me a better shot at my career.
It made me realize somehow a lot of unrealistic things happening and that can happen in the corporate world. Those in the movies or tv series that are work related, they really do occur.
Made The Indie Life Happen
This was something I have always aimed for back when I was in college. I used to envy my classmates (even up to my colleagues in my first few years working) who experienced what’s it like to live on their own. Though back then, I must admit my reason that time was I simply wanted to escape.
Years passed, due to the circumstances that happened within our family, I almost gave up on this thought if it could still happen or occur. I came to slight self conclusions that maybe I just couldn’t be like the others.
To my surprise, late last year 2025, it actually happened. Thanks to my current employer (long story), I gave this some thought and planning again, so here I am now. It would be of disservice to say that living independently is so easy, because IT IS NOT. While I was able to acquire things or do errands on my own, even when I was living with my parents, it is still different when it’s totally just you in your own little nook. I’m excited to share how I currently deal with certain things in my personal space, but for now, I’m just thankful at least a small part of my existence experienced this.
![]() |
| gotta do some cooking in the kitchen…guess the dish 🙂 |
Challenges, Miracles and Keeping the Faith
A huge part of this hiatus here was because of the challenges my family and I had to face. I may have had some ample too directly to me, I know. I just didn’t have the grit and the optimism to tinker my thoughts to words. As I said earlier, up to this very day, I’m battling with my thoughts and emotions once in a while (maybe not as frequent as it used to back then). For those who experience difficulties or challenges, resulting to their own state of mind concerns, I feel you and I am with you.
Perhaps in a nutshell, back in Nov 2024, my dad got hospitalized that led to 4 months of craziness to our family. No sugarcoating, it was one of the negatively insane 4 months of my life. From almost wondering if will we ever survive it to questioning a lot of things, IT WAS TOTALLY UNBEARABLE. The all caps aren’t even enough to describe. This was on top of the work and mind stresses I was already going thru that time (‘twas a different circumstance, made me realize and ask my value or worth in life). Honestly, it really got our whole family tired of everything. We kept asking when will this end or will we ever survive it.
Despite those, it also came into a point in our lives when we just told ourselves to keep the faith. Earth-wise, it s****. Spiritually, we know there’s more to this. Even if we don’t know the answers, we just kept going. I guess we had that balance of whenever one gives up that time, the other will say and think this too shall pass (again, even if we don’t know exactly when).
From the series of situations we’ve been thru, there had been miracles and blessings along the way, which I think but normal to ask too if these were just part of our dreams. Still in awe sometimes when I get to share it to other people, not to brag about it, but more of to inspire and to make them see there’s more to hardships and that God is always with us. Though right now, as I said earlier in this post, there are still battles we go thru and it’s not far from over. Well, struggles in life will never end, unless (fill in the blanks nalang)…This time though the experiences will be reminders, stories and guides. Above all, they are messages and acts of love from God to us.
![]() |
| His awesome reminder in times of worries, on a coffee cup (Holy Week Retreat, Apr 2026) |
Rediscovered Pursuits
The almost 2-years break here wasn’t necessarily a total rest for me on social media and of life. It brought back my appreciation and drive to do certain hobbies or interests. From the most obvious like blogging (as you see now) and video blogging (in YouTube), to the introvert-friendly ones — watercolor painting, reading books and crafts making, these activities became an awakening of creative juices and therapeutic too.
![]() |
| getting back to watercolor painting |
Being able to travel again after the incidents that happened to our family, which were out of unexpected blessings, led me to rediscover a few things about myself and how or who I am really now this time.
Somehow being able to live solo and the current employer that values after work lives of their employees contributed to making me spend time on these activities.
Reconnected with Life and Links
Above all, this became the avenue for me to reconnect with the people that mattered to me the most. Amidst the hardships I’ve gone thru, there had been a few who stuck with me no matter what. This opened the realities of who were able to accept and appreciate me for who I truly am. I’ve learned to embrace connections that just really matter. This led me to valuing time for meetups.
For the past few months, I’ve joined small groups or communities even if I would attend alone to those. Honestly for an introvert (and anti-social at times), it will take a certain amount of energy from his social battery to survive small talks and getting to know new people. But as one of the communities I used to join in kept saying, “what’s important is you did the first step which is to SHOW UP.” That’s what I did and continue to do somehow. There are just days though I feel more energized when I’m alone.
![]() |
| An introvert, once in a while during weekends — Weekend Watercolor Circle |
The hiatus here also made me realize three major aspects in life: self-love, life beyond social media, and God’s presence and love for us no matter what situation we’re in.
I may not be able to commit in doing this very often like others do, because of personal endeavors, what matters is just like my life, this will keep going. I know my socmeds don’t have the highest of followers. I just hope to live up my purpose of sharing and sending my thoughts and knowledge about life and other adulthings, one post at a time.
For the person who might be taking the time to read or watch my posts and support my creative endeavors, THANK YOU! ❤️
From my past posts, bits and pieces of improvements will be made along the way. Hope you’d stick around. ☺️
This is just another new beginning, our journey in progress. As my account name says, Seize the Moments in life. There are no repeats and replays.
![]() |
| If you reached up to this point, THANK YOU! (📷: Yokohama, Japan - Dec 2025) |







Comments
Post a Comment